Monday, November 20, 2006

Robert "Boomer" Harris and other Madison Central High School teacher who were also alumni

The man on the left (you do recognize him from his senior class photo, don't you?) is not the only Madison Central High School alumnus who later returned to teach at the school.

Although my list of teachers who were also alumni is a work in progress, I think you'll find it interesting. I also hope some of you can add more names to this list, or provide some of the information I'm missing.

Here are the alumni teachers I've identified thus far: Anna Syftestad, Marjorie Greenwald Neller, Regina Groves, Marguerite Shepard, Beda Mackin (Class of 1919), Robert Harris, Robert Herreid (Class of 1936), and Albert Denu (Class of 1895). Principal Earl Brown was also an alumnus.

If you know any other names that should be on this list, please leave a comment or send me an email.

1 comment:

Madison Guy said...

Central must have had a gravitational attraction for Roberts. Math teacher Mr. Parr was an alum. Wasn't his first name Robert?